Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Letter to myslef at the start of LighterLife

Alison

At some point in the future you may be finding things tough for whatever reason and will be questioning your own strength to stay on LLT and hopefully before you fall off the wagon you take the time to read this and reach out for support from other sources. Please do not give up, this is a journey you badly need to take and the end point is one you deserve. It is about time you have control over your weight, do not let it be a ‘thing’ in your life any more.

Please please please do not stop half way – make it your personal vow to get to target, really finish it. It doesn’t matter what you set the target to be but don’t stop at 5 stone loss because it is an excellent weight loss and you can do the rest gently – you know you are only fooling yourself. This denial and self-fooling has to stop,  you are aiming for the sun and the moon and the stars the only settling that will be done will be when you get to goal! You can do this, you have done hard stuff before, you are strong and capable - go girl, don't give in.

Let these thoughts you had at the beginning of the journey help get your head back on track –


I have decided to start this journey because there is no way I can continue with life like this, my knees are sore, I get out of breath and I am scared about my general health. That is such a short sentence but it covers so much. But more than just the health side of things (just!!!) I deserve to see myself slim and happy, I deserve to stop thinking I’m not worthy and hiding behind food. Greig deserves to have a positive role model and to be proud of me – and I want to be here for a long time to see him grow up and hopefully start a family of his own some day!

This is going to be a long path but with the help of LLT it hopefully won’t be too long, although 8 months still seems like a long time, then again not so long when it comes to loosing half of me. Imagine, only half of me left, that is such a scary thought but so exciting at the same time. I am so proud of myself already for starting on this journey, keep that self-pride going by keeping on it – you need to do this for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment