Well it is Saturday night and I have just watched The Debt which in fact is very good - held my interest fully which is a good thing!
So, I had my weigh in today and I had lost 6.2lbs, that took me to 14.2lbs which I am overjoyed about - my first stone. I have probably mentioned (if not here I have for sure in the LL profile) that for some reason I had it in my head that I wanted to loose a stone in the first two weeks - that is why I wanted a big loss last week to get me on track to this main goal. It was stupid really as this diet is straight forward, you either stick to it or you don't! I have stuck to it so I will get the full loss that my body can give. Sure I suppose I could always drink more water but as I do already drink a fair bit and well above the 3 liters I think (tomorrow I think I am going to track everything I drink) there isn't much need to try and increase this more. There were two days this week I only had packs and not bars - for no other reason than it worked out that way. The upshot is that I am delighted with the loss and so very pleased to get the stone off, no I expect it to be steady at a stone a month - of course it would be nice that since I have a fair bit to get rid of that it is speedier at first!!! No expectations on this front though. I think it will settle down into one good week, 2 normal weeks and one bad week. I want to fast forward two months so I am clear on what the pattern is!! Then again I just want to fast forward so I have three stone off!
It is galling to think that when I started WW about 9 years ago I weighed almost two stone less than when I started LL, I have closed that gap by a stone but I am quite annoyed with myself - yeah yeah I know that happens to everyone, they loose weight (I lost 60lbs over the course of about a year and a half) and then put it all back on again and more. The thing is though that I thought that I wouldn't really go above that weight as I felt vast and disgusting at that weight the first time round. Funny how your mind plays tricks on you isn't it. Already as things are getting less tight I feel better and think I look better, I have to remind myself that I am still over 20 stone and therefore still quite dreadfully huge - still a stone heavier than the gross weight that I started at WW. Another 16.4 pounds and I will go down from morbidly obese to just obese - woo hoo how good will that be?!!!
So work is still pants and is winding me up. I am coming up with ways to fill in the time and have just bought a PMI study book so I can start doing work for the PMP exams. I am not even sure I have the prerequisite number of hours to get membership but if I don't I will soon and then I will have used this time preparing which would be good news. I like the idea of it, unlike Prince it is proper studying and learning.
I still haven't really found out the best way to space my packs out. Mostly during the week I have a bar at about lunchtime and then last until I get home about 6 and then get stuck in and have packs or other drinks almost constantly throughout the night. This works but I wonder if I am training myself to make it hard if I don't have packs throughout the evening - I think it would surely be better to have them more spaced out. The thing is though that this seems to make me feel hungrier - go figure, yeah I know, I am in ketosis and shouldn't be feeling hungry! I have realised that when I am coming home on the bus I feel pretty low about nothing and everything, I seem to perk up when I have had a pack - I think that perhaps only have one pack between when I wake up and 7 and when I get home about 6ish probably isn't great and my body is likely feeling a bit depressed without more packs. I will make a concerted effort to have two packs during the day.
I have had real success with the mousse and love it with the vanilla and am still liking the shepherds pie - I haven't had a soup for a couple of days which is quite a surprise as I expected to only have them. Lots of people say they save the bar for evening as a treat, I had mine tonight and I tried the nut fudge - hmmm okay, had wished it was the crispy peanut instead. It was nice nibbling it with a cuppa but I was still pondering what to have next afterwards! The vanilla mouse not made too jelly like - about 250 - 300 ml of ice cold water, a sweetener and the vanilla pack sprinkled on top and a level teaspoon and a quarter of moose mix sprinkled on top - them liquidise for much longer than you would think - I then lob it in the freezer for about 15 mins and it is yummy supreme.
Right this blog is really becoming one big blether, I should really try and keep to the point, but where is the fun in that when I clearly have so much blether to get out!!!
Anyway enough from me :)
WOW ... that's such a good weight loss - well done :-)
ReplyDeleteI've done Cambridge before and lost about 7stone so I know just how much having a good start means. It's just so motivating to know that the effort you're putting in to not eat (sounds odd!!) is paying dividends.
But,all my weight is back on (I may do a blog like you are and will waffle on about it probably) and I have my initial consultation tomorrow. Very looking forward to it :-)
BTW, may I ask how much you're wanting to lose in total, or have you not set a final target?
Keep going - you're onto week 3 :-)
Sue
See what you've done. I've never done a blog in my life but thought i'd give it a go .... sujemo.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete