Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Day 11

Off to bed early so a speedy post. Feeling a wee bit blue tonight do going to bed early. Work is grinding me down, I badly need to get a new contract and be busy and have a purpose. Filling in time in the office is like a slow death. So far I've mostly filled my time but it is running really thin. Hey ho though, no point complaining, I am doing everything in my control, there is nothing left for me to do other than wait. Patience, hmmm never been known as a strong point!

On the LL front, all going well. I still haven't found the right balance for when to have packs. At the mo having a bar at lunch and then three packs when I get home. If I have bar and pack during the day the evening seems really long and I feel hungry. Could all be in my head of course!! I'm sure only having one pack during the day isn't the best. Anyway that's another one for another day!!

I'm sure I'll be less blue tomorrow after a good sleep. The one positive is that I've stopped using my scales, so now my WI on Saturday looms and the prospect is exciting. It's like unwrapping a present. I think this is a good thing, I hear the number and if I have an issue with it I'm in the right place. So that's my news for now!

A

2 comments:

  1. OK ... Try again!!!!

    Hi Alison

    I picked up your blog address from the LLT discussion thingy. Really like what you're writing. I've contacted a Counsellor today for an initial consultation to see about starting ... not very patient so I want to see her NOW, not sometime soon!!! Anyway, keep going, hope your loss today is a good one - I look forward to checking in to see it :-)

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sue, I know exactly where you are coming from, once you make the decision you just want to get started and even a few days delay seems like an age. It starts with the first overview session at which point you will be given the medical questionnaire and then the medical sign off thingy that you need to get signed off before you can start. When I phoned my doctors it was going to be 10 days to get an appointment which was just too long to wait, I wanted to get started and as I knew that I had no history of the things they were asking about I opted to pay for an appointment with the nurse in Superdrug to get the form signed. Sadly the nurse in Edinburgh was on leave so I decided to go through to Glasgow for the appointment - I really didn't want to wait! When I got there I found out the nurse there had had an accident and wasn't in - I could have cried in the middle of the shop!! The manager was great, she could see how upset I was and angry that I hadn't been told before I travelled all the way over. They found me another branch I could go to and dropped me off there. And my form was signed - kind of shows that there was no way I was going to wait any longer than I had to!

      So my advice is - get an appointment with your doctor for after your first open session, also don't worry about the day of the first session, it is probably better if you can get it not on the day you would usually want to attend, this was you could go to the first session on a Tuesday, see the doc on the Thursday and then start on the Friday or Saturday - bang, ready to get started!

      Keep in touch and let me know how you get on.

      Alison x

      Delete